- Alloy wheels
- Glass, including front windscreen
Silex Professional Coatings by GCV
What are Silex coatings?
The chemical compound silicon dioxide, also known as silica (from the Latin silex), is an oxide of silicon with a chemical formula of SiO2 and has been known for its hardness since ancient times. Silica is most commonly found in nature as sand or quartz, and is the most abundant mineral in the earth’s crust.
As well as being a primary raw material for many whiteware ceramics such as earthenware, stoneware, porcelain, when applied to a surface in its Nano form, the layer is very thin and clear, and it is for this reason it has been named liquid glass. It doesn’t become “glass” until it’s allowed to dry or cure. Once dried the coatings are highly durable, flexible, super smooth, breathable and “super phobic”.
Being “super phobic” means that on paint and glass it repels oil, water, and dry soiling. Dry dirt will not stick to the treated surface and liquids are unable to penetrate the coating on fabrics. This is because each filament of every fibre is protected with a Nano scale layer of glass. Most significantly, almost all treated surfaces can be cleaned with water alone. Solvents and cleaners are, generally, no longer required meaning, in most instances, environment-damaging cleaning chemicals are not needed.
Right, that is the chemistry lesson over! Moving on…to the range of Silex coatings developed by Auto Bead.
Which surfaces can be protected?
The range of Auto Bead Silex Professional Coatings can be used on almost all surfaces both outside and inside your car. Specifically, these are:
- Cloth trim
- Leather upholstery
Key features and benefits of Silex Professional Coatings
- Micro-scratch resistance
- Pure SiO2 formula using true nano technology
- Super hydrophobic
- 105 degree water contact angle (water readily beads)
- Super non-stick
- UV protection
- Super high gloss finish
How we prepare your car for Silex Professional Coatings
Any coating is only as good as the person carrying out the application, and preparation of the surfaces is absolutely vital to ensure that the coatings work as intended, and that you get the best value for your money. If your car is brand new and been well prepared by the dealer it may not be necessary to complete such a comprehensive service. However, if we fail to remove any imperfections in the surfaces they will be amplified when the coating is applied.
The minimum valet we will undertake prior to application of the coatings is a Gold Valet. If you require us to do more preparation, or we feel it is necessary to do more to get the best from the products, we will suggest a Platinum Valet, Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 Detail.
Silex benefits in detail
Why choose Silex Professional Coatings?
There are numerous long-term paint sealants and coatings, and for many years we have been using Diamondbrite (read more about this product). However, technology advances, as do the materials available to protect and enhance our cars. This is why, after extensive research, we have chosen Auto Bead Silex professional coatings as the next step in the car care we offer.
- No matter how advanced the coating, regular cleaning or maintenance is required. It is a requriement of the Diamondbrite lifetime guarantee that the Conserver after-care product is applied on a monthly basis. Similar conditions apply to the majority of paint protection products.There is no such requirement with Silex, although regular maintenance using the supplied after-care products will maximise the longevity of your initial investment.
- Silex is both super hydrophobic and super phobic, meaning coated surfaces repel unwanted substances such water, other liquids and dirt.
- Silex professional paint coating adds a deep gloss to the finish resulting in paintwork that really “pops”.
- When applied by us here at GCV you can be assured of 100% attention to detail, and a job carried out based on knowledge and skills amassed over many years of valeting to the highest standards.